Tuesday 7 December 2010

More Nigella

It's been a while as I've been spending some time at my parents, but I have managed to do two more recipes from Nigella's "Kitchen", both of which were actually a success!

The first one was the "crustless pizza" which is kind of like an omlette/frittata (not sure if I've spelt either of those right)!  And after an inital panic when it behaved more like a souffle in the over, it worked very well, looked fairly similar to the picture, and led to a request for second helpings from my daughter!


I think I will definately be doing this one again for a quick tea.

The next one that I have attempted is the BBQ mince recipe, which is very much a spag bol type mix, but with slightly different spices in it.  It was yummy though, and as suggested I served it which a bread roll and cheesy nachos.  Again, approved by the 5 year old critic!  I especially liked the idea of just peeling and halving the onions, carots and celery and thowing in the processor to produce a finely diced mixture, then softening in the pan.  As one who is is no good at chopping, this idea was great, and why I hadn't thought of it before I don't  know.

1 comment: