Friday 19 November 2010

Number 2

I had got this title in my head ready to come upstairs and type the blog, and now that I've actually typed it, it does kind of imply that I'm doing a blog about toilet habits!!!
Rest assured I am not going to talk about my bowel movements (at least not this early on in my blogging history!) It does however refer to the second recipe that I have now completed in my "Kitchen" quest.  What did I go for second, did I break away from the baking, and break into the cooking?

No! I played safe again with the apple and cinnamon muffins.  I did worry when I'd done all the mixing, and I ended up with this!!!


 Looks a bit more like we're returning to the toilet talk from before than a yummy cake mixture, but I carried on, and as you can see from below, they actually came out OK.  They looked edible, and not unlike the picture in the book.  I tried one, still warm, and was impressed.



Then came the real test, my 5 year old daughter!! She walked in after the school , and I was elated when I got the "something smells really nice in here mummy" comment.

"Oh I've made apple muffins, do you want one?" (add your own image of perfect hair, smart apron and a row of pearls to this domestic goddess like converstaion, then remove them, because its certainly not how it carried on!)  My darling daughter took one bite, and exclaimed "Mummy these are disgusting!"

Not what an aspiring Domestic Goddess wants to here.  The muffin got left on the plate, and I returned to the still rather messy kitchen, crushed by a 5 year old!

Luckily, my husband tried one later, and decided he liked them, although perhaps he was being tactful, as I later found out, my daughter had told him how much she hated them at bed time.  Oh well.  I will not be defeated.  I will carry on!

1 comment:

  1. Crushing! Never mind, domestic goddesses don't give up. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete